Paper, Paper & More Paper...

Today has been a stressful day, away from the joys of writing and publishing my first book, things around me are a little up in the air, but it's OK, what goes up,...must come down lol...

So wanting to sort of be ahead of myself in terms of procedure to follow in the process of writing and publishing your own book, I found myself researching the printing process, a little more in-depth, I have been looking into the paper quality of the actual text paper within the printed book, what are my options, what is the right price, the company I have chosen to use to print my first book, Print-On-Demand, their website has a quote page so I thought I'd find out how much it would roughly cost, but hold on, what paper type do I want within the book?...ohhh lol

The options start with 80gsm White Opague - SAY WHAT? lol

yes that's was my first though too, but now after a quick phone call to P.O.D.'s customer service line, I'm a more confident and know the options a little better, I also found this website (Howard Smith Paper Group) that helps to break down the paper types they are a paper merchant so it's fair to say that they know their stuff.

I now know the type of paper I would like to be used for my book, the actual pages with text, not the cover is... wait for it lol

Munken Bookwove, or Munken Premium (Cream) depending on where you have your book printed.

This paper type is the off-white paper you find in must novels, and is a good weight, and easy on the eyes when reading black text of a white page, (even though it's actually off white)

So amongst the maze of madness I find myself in today, I'm happy that progress is still being made and knowledge is being gained.

Much Love.

No comments: